All Chandler-Gilbert campuses are currently
closed due to COVID-19 restrictions.
In-person tutoring has been suspended at this time. To help provide support for CGCC courses,
access to online tutoring services through Brainfuse, a free on-demand tutoring
service, has been extended to all students (previously only available for
online and hybrid courses). Please note that you may only use Brainfuse
for assistance with Chandler-Gilbert courses in which you are currently
option called Brainfuse Tutor Match has been added to allow you to work
remotely with CGCC tutors from each of the Learning Centers. (Please note: not all tutors
will be available at all times; Tutor Match will show which tutors are
available once you have chosen a subject. You can then select a session time
from the list of available tutors.)
Students also have access to the Live Help option (through Brainfuse
staff) for times that CGCCtutors are not available for
pre-scheduled sessions. As much as possible, it is highly recommended that you
utilize CGCC tutors via Brainfuse Tutor Match because they are more familiar
with CGCC coursework, instructor expectations, and assignments.
With Brainfuse, you can:
Drop in and work one-on-one with a
live Brainfuse tutor.
Schedule a tutoring session with CGCC tutors through Brainfuse Tutor
Submit your writing to the Online
Writing Lab for review when CGCC tutors are not available in Tutor Match.
Find or create flashcards and
online quizzes/games to reinforce classroom learning.
Take practice tests and review
include math, writing, reading, economics, statistics, accounting, biology,
chemistry, Spanish, and more!
To log into Brainfuse, click here and enter your MEID and password.
Brainfuse's online tutoring service, you can get help whenever and wherever you
need it. Learn more about how to get started with the resources below.
TUTOR MATCH FAQ: Who? What? Why? How? When?
||Why should I use Tutor Match?|
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, all Chandler-Gilbert campuses are closed and all in-person classes will switch over to a remote format. To help provide academic support for CGCC courses, access to online tutoring has been extended to all students (previously only available for students in online and hybrid courses). Tutor Match will let you connect with tutors from the CGCC Math, Science, and Writing Centers for help with any of your current Chandler-Gilbert classes.
At this time, access to Brainfuse and Tutor Match has been extended to all CGCC students. Please note that you may only use Brainfuse for assistance with Chandler-Gilbert courses in which you are currently enrolled. The use of Brainfuse for coursework from other institutions is strictly prohibited and subject to the college's policies and procedures regarding the acceptable use of student support resources. Brainfuse tutoring sessions are recorded and reviewed by college personnel on a regular basis.
||When can I use Tutor Match?|
Tutor Match will show which tutors are available once you have chosen a subject. You can then select a session time from the list of available tutors. Students also have access to the Live Help option (through Brainfuse staff) for times that CGCC tutors are not available for pre-scheduled sessions. As much as possible, it is highly recommended that you utilize CGCC tutors via Brainfuse Tutor Match since they are more familiar with your CGCC coursework, instructor expectations, and assignments.
||How do I use Tutor Match?|
Request a Tutoring Session
- Log in to Brainfuse using your MEID and password.
- Look for Tutor Match.
- Select a Topic (the discipline in which you need help; not necessarily your school of study) and select a Subject (a specific class or subject)
- Click on Schedule
- Ensure your Time Zone is correct (for Arizona, select MST). If it is not correct, click on the time zone link. A separate box will appear where you can change your time zone and continue scheduling your appointment.
- Preferred Modality should be set to Online
- Select a specific tutor from Available Tutors to narrow your search to the tutor of your choice. Otherwise, to see ALL available tutors, leave as "Select a tutor".
- Select the date for your appointment from the calendar.
- Find a time slot that works for you and click on Select. (Please schedule appointments at least 20 minutes in advance of the session start time so tutors have a chance to confirm the appointment.)
- Tip: If you prefer to view the calendar for the entire month, select month in the upper right-hand corner.
- Almost done! Double-check your time zone is correct, complete the online form with your phone number, SMS reminder preference, and notes about the assistance you are seeking, then click Request Session.
You will see a pending confirmation page
letting you know that the tutor has been notified of your request
How to Attend
- When the tutor confirms your request, you will receive a confirmation email to your email@example.com account
- The time and date of the appointment will be included.
How to Cancel a Tutoring Session
- Log back into Brainfuse shortly before your session starts, hover over your name (top right on the page), and click on My Calendar and then on Enter to access the session.
- Note: Brainfuse works best on your computer, laptop, or tablet. Accessing Tutor Match through your cell phone is not recommended.
- Log into Online Tutoring
- Click on your Username in the top right corner under the "Logout" button
- Select My Calendar
- Click Cancel next to the appointment that you wish to cancel
Making the Most of Your Online Tutoring Experience
To make the most of your online tutoring experience, remember that Brainfuse is not a homework answering service. Please do not use Brainfuse like Google to look up answers or ask Brainfuse to do your research, work, or a specific assignment for you. Tutors will not give answers or edit papers but will provide feedback to help you to improve your skills. Be prepared to provide your tutor with information about your assignment and to dialogue through this process together.
Statement of Academic Integrity
The use of Brainfuse online tutoring support is limited to Chandler Gilbert Community College students seeking assistance for assignments from Chandler Gilbert Community College courses in which they are actively enrolled. The use of Brainfuse for coursework from other institutions is strictly prohibited and subject to the college's policies and procedures regarding the acceptable use of student support resources. Brainfuse tutoring sessions are recorded and reviewed by college personnel on a regular basis.
Troubleshooting and Technical Support
For help with any technical issues, email Brainfuse Support at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 866-272-4638 Ext. 510, operators are available from Monday – Friday, 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM ET.