- Scholarship Opportunities
- CGCC Scholarships
- MCCCD Foundation Scholarships
- Honors Program Scholarships
The links below list the various scholarship opportunities available to CGCC students. Be sure to review each section as well as how to apply. This site is updated regularly as new scholarships become available.
Only those with lawful presence in the US may qualify for MCCCD scholarships or federal financial aid. Any information you provide about your legal status when you apply for financial aid or scholarships may be subject to mandatory reporting to federal immigration authorities under AZ law.
Students who apply for MCCCD scholarships must submit acceptable documentation as evidence of lawful presence in the US with their scholarship application. Please review the list of acceptable documents
CGCC Scholarship Applications
A variety of scholarships available to Chandler-Gilbert Community College students. When scholarship applications are available click on the apply now button.
Jack Kent Cooke Undergraduate Transfer Scholarship Program
The Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Undergraduate Transfer Scholarship makes it possible for the nation's top community college students to complete their bachelor's degrees by transferring to a selective four-year college or university. The Foundation provides up to $40,000 per year to each of approximately 85 deserving students selected annually.
Be a current student at an accredited U.S. community college or two-year institution with sophomore status by January 1, 2020, or a recent graduate (since spring 2015).
- Plan to enroll full time in a baccalaureate program at an accredited college or university in the Fall of 2020.
- Have a cumulative undergraduate grade point average of 3.5 or better on a scale of 4.0 (or the equivalent).
- Demonstrate significant unmet financial need. We will consider applicants with family income up to $95,000. However, we anticipate that a majority of scholarship recipients will be eligible to receive a Pell grant.
- Have not previously attended a four-year institution.
- U.S. Citizenship is not required.
Invest in Your Financial Literacy
CGCC students will create a FREE account at www.cashcourse.org using their Maricopa Student Email, and select Chandler-Gilbert Community College as their school. From there, students will navigate to:
-My Assignments (on the left navigation)
-Select Ryan Cain as the administrator, then click "Submit"
CGCC students will see three course assignments for completion. These three courses must be completed with an 80% or better prior to November 27, 2019:
-Saving and Goal Setting
These courses will not be available after the deadline. CGCC students who complete EACH course with an 80% or better will be considered for a scholarship worth three-credits of in-state tuition for Spring 2020.
Lockheed Martin Scholarship Program
Beginning in 2019, Lockheed Martin will be awarding 200 scholarships of $10,000 per student – renewable each year. The program will continue to add up to 200 new recipients each year, and will be open to individuals studying engineering or computer science that demonstrate financial need and come from underrepresented or underserved communities.
The scholarship program doesn’t end with a check. Mentoring opportunities will be a key component of the program, and recipients will also be eligible for Lockheed Martin internship opportunities following their freshman year in college.
- Majoring or planning to major in Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Systems Engineering, Math, Physics, Information Systems/Management Information Systems or Information Assurance
- High school senior with a 3.5 or above GPA,
- Freshman/sophomore undergraduate students with a 3.0 or above GPA
- Attending or planning to attend an accredited U.S. four-year college or university
- U.S. citizen
- Be willing to consider a paid internship with Lockheed Martin following their freshman, sophomore or junior year of college, other circumstances notwithstanding (note: the internship is not required to receive a scholarship)
Preference will be given to:
- People of Color
- People with Disabilities
- Individuals who identify as LGBTQ
- Those that are or will be first-generation college students
- Those attending or planning to attend a Lockheed Martin partner institution
- Those who have taken Project Lead the Way (PLTW)classes in high school
- Students who have demonstrated leadership capabilities (evidenced by volunteerism, mentoring younger students, STEM-foccused extracurricular activites, work experience)
- Those with a compelling personal story and/or family circumstances (e.g. military family)
Please click here for application alert sign-up.
The Rotary Vocational Fund of Arizona, Inc. Grant
- Must meet certain financial need eligibility
- Must file the most current Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and provide a copy of their Student Aid Report (SAR)
- Seek training in a qualifying vocational area
- Be a legal resident of the state of Arizona
- Attend a school/training institution in Arizona
- Be sponsored by a Rotary CLub in Arizona
- One-time grant up to $2,000
AGA Phoenix Chapter Scholarship
- Offered by the Phoenix Chapter of the Association of Government Accountants (AGA).
- Opportunity for eligible undergraduate/graduate students.
- Geared toward students taking Accounting, Finance, or Public Administration curriculum.
- Recipient is also awarded a one year Special Student Membership in the Phoenix Chapter AGA which will entitle them to attend chapter meetings and educational events.
- One scholarship awarded for $1,000 and a possible second place award for $500.00.
CGCC General Electric Utility Technology Scholarship
- Must be accepted into the CGCC EUT Program for 2019-2020.
- Must be enrolled full-time at CGCC in Fall 2019 and Spring 2020.
- Must be a US citizen, legal resident of the United States, or have lawful immigration status.
- Must be a resident of Arizona.
- Fall recipients will need to maintain a 2.5 GPA to remain eligible for Spring.
SRP Electric Utility Technology (EUT) Scholarship
- Applicants must be accepted into the CGCC Electric Utility Technology Program for Spring 2019.
- Must be enrolled full-time in Fall and Spring at CGCC.
- Must be a U.S. citizen, a legal resident of the United States, or have lawful immigration status.
- Must be Arizona resident.
- Must have minimum, cumulative 3.0 GPA.
2020 Soroptimist "Live Your Dream Award"
- Women who are currently enrolled in a vocational/skills program or undergraduate degree program.
- Do not have a graduate degree.
- Provide the primary financial support for themselves and their dependents.
- Have not previously been awarded a Women's Opportunity Award or a Live Your Dream award.
- Select The San Tans on the application
CGCC Aviation, Flight Emphasis Scholarship
- Must be pursuing a career in Aviation, Flight Emphasis Program.
- Must be enrolled Full-time in Fall '19 and Spring '20
- Applicant must have a minimum, cumulative 3.0 GPA.
- Applicant must be a U.S. citizen.
- Fall '19/Spring '20 award.
- Multiple awards available.
CGCC Aircraft Maintenance Technology Scholarship
Applicant must be pursuing a career in Aircraft Maintenance Technology.
Applicant cannot be a Boeing recipient for the 2018-2019 academic year.
Must have completed a minimum of 1 to 12 credits at CGCC.
Must be enrolled full-time at CGCC in Fall '19 and Spring '20.
Must have a minimum, cumulative 2.5GPA at CGCC.
Applicant must be a U.S. citizen.
Fall '19 and Spring '20 award.
Arizona Pilots Association Scholarship
To assist young men and women from Arizona in achieving a vocational or post-secondary education school education. APA awards annual scholarships to help fill the unmet financial need of students pursuing aviation-related education opportunities at accredited colleges, universities, and technical institutions.
Applicant must provide the following:
- Completed application
- Official, current school transcript
- Cover letter indicating your interest in the scholarship and any other information you would like us to know (maximum one page)
- Professional recommendation letter(s) from employers, teachers, etc. (optional)
Sun Lakes Rotary Vocational Scholarship
- Applicant must be enrolled at least 12 credits at Chandler-Gilbert Community College.
- Have financial need by completing a 2019-2020 FAFSA.
- Working towards a vocational skill at the college.
- Must be currently employed
Chandler Horizon Rotary Scholarship - Fall 2019
- Applicant must be enrolled in a minimum of 12 credit hours at CGCC in Fall 2019.
- Student must have financial need.
- Have completed between 1 - 24 credits.
- Must have minimum, cumulative 3.0 GPA at CGCC.
- Preference will be given to re-entry students and single parents.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must be an AZ resident.
- Must be a resident of Chandler, AZ
Apply now for the All-USA Community College Academic Team scholarships!
The top two students from both Pecos and Williams Campuses are named to the All-CGCC Academic Team and receive:
All-CGCC Academic Team scholarship scholarships of $500, $750 or $1,000 (based on final placement at state)
All-Arizona Academic Team resident tuition waivers for up to 60 undergraduate credit hours at ASU, NAU or U of A beginning in the fall of 2019
Nomination for consideration to the prestigious All-USA Academic Team ($5,000 to 20 students nationwide) as well as other nationwide scholarships.
The six runners up from either the Pecos or Williams Campuses are named to the All-CGCC Academic Team and receive:
The All-AZ and All-USA scholarships are open to any eligible student. Some additional scholarships included in the application are restricted to PTK members only.
Visit Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society for eligibility and additional details.
- Be female.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Be a resident of an East Valley community. For the purposes of this program the East Valley consists of Tempe, Mesa, Chandler, Gilbert, Queen Creek, Apache Junction, and unincorporated areas within these community boundaries.
- Be enrolled in, or have been accepted to, a vocational/skills training program or a community college associate’s degree program.
- Awards will be given for public institutions–specifically East Valley Institute of Technology, Chandler-Gilbert Community College, Mesa Community College, or Rio Salado College. Expanding to additional institutions is currently under consideration by the Positive Paths Executive Board.
- Awards will be made only to students seeking certificates or degrees. This program does not pertain to those who wish to take special interest courses or coursework not related to certificate or degree completion.
- Awards may also be given to students who do not yet have a high school diploma and wish to pursue their GED. Note that not having a high school diploma or GED will prohibit an applicant from receiving federal financial aid, but we still ask those applicants to demonstrate financial need via completion of the FAFSA form.
- Show aptitude or the promise for success. Recipients may plan to attend school full-time or part-time, but, if selected for an award, must demonstrate to the satisfaction of the Positive Paths Scholarship Committee that they have a viable plan for certificate or degree completion.
- Scholarship Information Sheet
Chandler Chamber Community Foundation Scholarship- EXTENDED
- Must live or work in Chandler, Arizona or be a current student at any high school servicing Chandler or attending Chandler-Gilbert Community College.
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Applicants must be actively enrolled at Chandler-Gilbert Community College for the 2019-2020 academic year with a minimum of 6 credit hours per semester.
- Grade Point Average must be 3.0 or higher (for high school students applying).
- Field of study must be business related.
The award amount varies and will be based on financial need. The Chandler Chamber Community Foundation Scholarship Committee selects recipient(s).
Maria L. Hesse Service and Leadership Scholarship
The Maria L. Hesse Service and Leadership Scholarship, endowed by CGCC's second president, is awarded to students who demonstrate exceptional leadership and service to the college and/or the community. Applicants must have completed at least six credit hours at CGCC. Selection of recipient will be made by Maria L. Hesse Scholarship Committee.
John Herdt Memorial Scholarship (Sun Lakes Lions Club) 2019-2020
Applicant must be enrolled full time for Fall 2019 at CGCC
Applicant must have completed 29 credits at CGCC.
Applicant must have a minimum, cumulative 2.5 GPA.
Applicant must demonstrate financial need by filing a 2019-2020 FAFSA by April 26, 2019
should have a background of volunteering, serving as an officer in a
club or organization, and show how they have provided leadership.
The CGCC Scholarship Committee selects recipients.
Rudibaugh-Campbell Nursing Scholarship 2019-2020
Applicant must be majoring in Nursing at CGCC.
- Have completed a minimum of 12 credit hours at CGCC
- Have a 3.0 cumulative GPA at CGCC.
- Must enroll in a minimum of 6 hours for Fall 2019.
- The Rudibaugh-Campbell Nursing Scholarship Committee makes selection.
To qualify for the Dougherty Foundation Scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be enrolled at one of these educational institutions: Arizona State University, Grand Canyon University, Northern Arizona University, the University of Arizona, Prescott College, Coconino Community College, Mohave Community College, Thunderbird College, or any of the Maricopa Community Colleges District campuses.
- Minimum enrollment: 6 hours at community college, 12 hours at 4 year university.
- 3.0 GPA
- U.S. Citizen
- Arizona Resident
- Financial Need as demonstrated by the submission of the Student Aid Report from the FAFSA
$250-500 scholarships per semester based on the number of enrolled hours.
All awards are renewable if the student maintains a 3.0 GPA and is enrolled for at least 6 hours in the community college or 12 hours at the university level. Community college awards are renewable for up to two years. Community college students may request a renewal after two years of award if transferring to a four year school. University awards are renewable for up to four years. Fifth year requests may be made for a loan only.
Students will receive a notice by email to renew their award directly with the Dougherty Foundation. Students must update their contact info with Dougherty to remain eligible for continuing awards.
CGCC Academic Scholarship
Applicants must have 15 credit hours completed at CGCC at 100 level courses or above.
Applicants must have a minimum, cumulative 3.5 GPA at CGCC.
Applicant must enroll in a minimum of 6 credit hours (above 100 level courses) at CGCC for Fall 2019.
Applicants must be a U.S. citizen, a legal resident of the United States, or have lawful immigration status.
The CGCC Scholarship Committee selects recipients.
Award for 12 or more credits $300 per semester.
Award for 6 - 11 credits $150 per semester.
Ladies Auxiliary of B.P.O.E. 2559 Nursing Scholarship
Applicant must be accepted to the Nursing Program at Chandler-Gilbert Community college and placed to start nursing classes or continue in nursing classes for Fall 2019
- Must have completed a minimum of 12 credit hours at CGCC
- Must have a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA at CGCC
- Must be enrolled in 6 credits in Fall 2019
- Must attach an unofficial copy of your CGCC transcript
- Scholarship applicants may be asked to meet with the scholarship committee.
Arizona Business Aviation Association Scholarship
AZBAA is proud to offer business aviation scholarships in both Spring and Fall. Applicants must be 18 or older, legal Arizona residents, and pursuing a career in business aviation. Scholarship funds are paid directly to the student's educational institution or training program, and can pay tuition, flight ratings, recurring training, etc. Please complete the online application requirements to be considered for the scholarship.
College Success Arizona Scholarship
College Success Arizona's Scholarship is committed to making a college education a reality for Arizona's high potential students who simply cannot afford the cost.
- Up to $6,000 per year ($2,000 – $3,000 per semester) for 4 years
- Intended for students planning to obtain a bachelor’s degree within 4
years; beginning your education at a community college for the first 2
years is an option
- Mentoring and Success Services (see below)
Mentoring and Success Services*:
- Quarterly coaching/mentoring from a dedicated Success Adviser
- Peer networking sessions, trainings, and workshops
- Links to on-campus resource centers
- Internship and Career Support
*Although we only have a limited number of scholarships to award,
College Success Arizona is proud to provide Mentoring and Success
Services to the majority of our applicants.
Father Joseph N. Patterson Foundation Scholarship
Father Joseph N. Patterson Foundation Scholarship was established by Father Joseph N. Patterson to assist deserving young men and women attain their educational goals.
- Scholarship (minimum grade point average: 2.8 on a 4.0 scale)
- Evidence of financial need
- Demonstration of leadership and community service
- High School and College (undergraduate) student. (Scholarships not available for grad school or graduate students.)
Nina Mason Pulliam Legacy Scholars Program Scholarship
Awards are available to students at all Maricopa County Community Colleges.
Scholarship applicants must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Incoming freshman ages 18 - 25 who have been raised through the child welfare system and have no form of financial support
- College-age youth and adults with physical disabilities
- Adults who are 25 years or older who have dependents in their family units
Scholarship applicants must also meet all of the following criteria:
- Be working toward their first college degree
- Be a United States citizen and resident of the state of Arizona
- Demonstrate financial need, as determined by FAFSA
- Have previously completed no more than 24 college level credits
Awards amounts are:
- Full tuition, fees and books plus $3,200 annual living allowance
- 2019-2020 Academic Year
Alpha Kappa Alpha Scholarship
Program Eligibility Requirements:
- Open to African-American women
- Open to graduating high school seniors entering a four-year college or university
- Or are community college students transferring to a four-year college or university
- Have a minimum G.P.A (grade point average) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Are interested in careers in education (for the Dr. Peggy L Payne Memorial Scholarship only)
Applications will be evaluated as follows:
- Academic Readiness...Class rank/GPA/Sat or ACT scores
- Essay...Grammar/neatness/presentation/response to topic>
- School and Community Service
- Letters of Recommendation (2)...One letter from your school and one from the community
- Application Packet...Overall presentation and neatness
- Financial Need..
Amount of scholarships range from $1,000 to $3,500
Rayma Neeb Women's Re-Entry Scholarship
Providing a $2,000 scholarship to a woman who has entered or re-entered college after at least a 4 year hiatus to enable herself to be self-sufficient. The course of study must qualify her for a higher position/profession than she currently has.
- Be a U.S. Citizen or legal resident of the U.S. and a resident of Arizona.
- Be enrolled (or accepted) in an accredited college, university, or trade school in a degree or diploma program.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Have an enrollment status equal to at least a half-time student.
- Have/maintain a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale. This requirement shall be waived for the first term of re-entry.
ASU Phi Theta Kappa Scholarship
- 3.50 minimum GPA
- Arizona resident
- Enrolled full-time
- Incoming undergraduate transfer student
- Applicant must be a member of Phi Theta Kappa transferring to ASU from a community college
- Applicants must have attended community college in the semester immediately preceding admission to ASU. There must be no break in enrollment.
St. Luke's Service League Nursing Scholarship
The Phoenix St. Luke’s Service League is offering the 2019-2020 Nursing Scholarship. The scholarship is available only to American Citizens and residents living in Maricopa County pursuing an education in NURSING. The applicant must be accepted to an accredited University, Community College, or Technical/Vocational School in Maricopa County and complete 12 credit hours (or 9 graduate credit hours) of study. The scholarship is awarded as a gift, to be used ONLY for school expenses (tuition, books, lab fees; purchased through school facilities). The scholarship is available for ONE YEAR provided the student maintains a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 or above for the Fall and Spring semester. Documentations of the GPA and continuous enrollment must be validated prior to the issuing of scholarship monies each semester. No monies will be released without proper documentation. Previous scholarship recipients may re-apply for this scholarship as long as they meet the requirements.
In addition to the residency requirements and the 3.0 GPA, other considerations to the granting of this scholarship will be volunteerism, extra-curricular activities, and a written statement of academic goals. Failure to complete the financial statement will result in disqualification of the applicant.
- An American Citizen and a resident of Maricopa County
- Pursuing and completing at least 12 credit hours each semester in NURSING
- Planning to attend or is attending a STATE APPROVED NURSING PROGRAM in Maricopa County
- Has a current GPA of 3.0 or above
- Closed out previous year’s requirement if awarded the scholarship
Applications must be POST MARKED by Friday, February 15th 2019 for the school year 2019-2020. Those awarded the scholarship will be contacted by phone or letter. Please make sure all contact information is up to date to avoid disqualification.
Chandler Service Club (Jewel Lewis and Helen Pernell Memorial Community Scholarship)
Scholarship offered primarily based on student's financial need but will include all of the following criteria:
- Financial need
- Reside within the current CUSD boundaries
Application as well as additional information and requirements available at Chandler Service Club website.
Tempe St. Luke's Hospital Scholarship
Any person who is a Maricopa County resident who intends to enroll or is enrolled as a full time student (6 or more hours) at an Arizona accredited college, university or technical school.
The applicant must plan to pursue a health-related career.
In order to be eligible, an applicant must have a 3.0 GPA out of a possible 4.0.
To be eligible, applicant must follow all specific instructions
within this application. All applications must be typed and signed by the applicant, as well as other entities as indicated on the application. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Application and guidelines Additional information and questions can be directed to the Tempe St. Luke’s Hospital Auxiliary Scholarship Committee at TSLHAUX.SC@GMAIL.COM
ASU Public Service Academy
- Must be incoming transfer student to ASU.
- Be on track to earn an Associate's Degree or minimum 60 transferable credits.
- Enroll in ASU in the fall semester.
- Participate in the program for four semesters, no more, no less!
- Members receive base tuition coverage as well as at least $2,500 in additional gift aid from the university.
- Visit our website for more information.
MCCCD Foundation Scholarships
Numerous scholarships available to Chandler-Gilbert Community College students that are selected by the Maricopa Community Colleges Foundation. Students need to complete only once general application through Academic works. Students will be notified via their Maricopa email account if they have been chosen as a scholarship recipient. To begin your application, click on the MCCCD Foundation Scholarship button.
Please click here
for additional scholarship resources.