How To Apply | Chandler-Gilbert Community College
Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Sign In
CGCC logo

 Veterans Services

How to Use Benefits / Forms
The CGCC Veterans Services Office is the liaison between you, the veteran or dependent of a veteran, and the Department of Veterans Affairs. Click on your chapter of benefits below to access the necessary paperwork to request to use educational benefits. Below are the steps you will need to take to start this process.
New students: Download the Veterans Enrollment Success Pocket Guide, a checklist (with links) of every step needed to apply for GI Bill benefits and enroll at CGCC.
Also download the CGCC Veterans Services Information Packet, which supplies valuable information about your benefits.

New students: Please be aware that Placement Testing, Academic Advisement (Coyote Kickoff) and New Student Orientation are mandatory for all new-to-college students.

Continuing students only: Advising is strongly recommended, but if you do not desire academic advising this semester, you may enroll in classes and submit forms directly to Veterans Services. We will verify that your classes apply to your program of study, as required by VA.

All students: Complete and submit the necessary paperwork to the CGCC Veterans Services Office after you are finished registering for classes. Select the appropriate chapter below to determine what you will need to submit.

You will need to submit a new Request for Benefits form each semester after you are enrolled in your classes.

You may submit forms in-person at either campus, by email at, or by fax at 602.396.5057 (new number).

(You must have Adobe Acrobat Reader in order to open our forms. This software is free and can be downloaded from the Adobe website.)
Tuition deferment

Students using GI Bill benefits may be eligible for a tuition deferment, but it is not processed automatically: the Request for Benefits form is required.

Changes in schedule/enrollment

If your enrollment status changes, it is your responsibility to notify the CGCC Veterans Services Office of this change in status. If you do not contact our office in a timely manner, it could create an overpayment of benefits which you will need to repay to VA.


Veteran Residency for Tuition Purposes

Veterans with an honorable discharge, as well as veterans within three years of discharge from service and their dependents using transferred Post-9/11 benefits, are entitled under state law to petition to be reclassified as in-state residents for tuition purposes, regardless of their length of residency in Arizona. This change is NOT automatic: there is documentation that needs to be turned in to the Admission and Records office BEFORE the start of the term:
  1. DD-214 Member 4 showing honorable discharge
  2. Proof of intent to reside in Arizona, such an Arizona driver's license or Arizona voter registration.
  3. The Domicile Affidavit form, available from Admissions & Records
  4. Proof of lawful presence must also be submitted to Admissions & Records to receive in-state tuition. (See Residency Verification here.)