In her seven years at Grand Canyon University from 2008-2015, Norris was responsible for the development of pitchers and catchers, all administrative duties, and all aspects of recruiting. During her time at GCU, she coached at the Division II level (2008-2013) and the Division I level (2014 and 2015). In 2014, GCU’s inaugural year at the Division I level, they were crowned WAC Regular Season Champions with a record of 12-3 in conference and 27-21 overall. In 2015, the squad posted 28 wins and garnered a second-place finish in the WAC with a 9-6 record. At the Division II level, GCU had back-to-back postseason appearances in 2012 and 2013. GCU went to the post season for the first time in 2010 when they had a school-record 42 wins. The program hit the 40-win mark for the second time in 2013.
Norris developed and mentored All-PAC West Conference and All-WAC Conference players including pitcher Stephanie Pesqueira, who was the top pitcher in the Western Athletic Conference in 2014 and Pac West Conference in 2013. Pesqueira was named WAC Pitcher of the year and PAC West Pitcher of the year for her outstanding performances throughout the 2013 and 2014 seasons in the circle. Norris also tutored a pitching staff that collected WAC Pitcher of the Week accolades and PAC West Pitcher of the Week accolades.
In here time at GCU, the softball program generated accolades in academics such as 14 NFCA All-America Scholar-Athletes in 2015 who garnered at least a 3.5 grade-point average. They also earned the second-highest team GPA among any Division I program during the 2014-15 academic year. They recorded a team GPA of 3.60. Twice in her career, the program held the top spot of the NFCA Division II Top 10 All Academic Rankings. The program boasts 49 players who have earned NFCA All-America Scholar honors.
Norris played collegiately at Notre Dame de Namur University for two years, hitting .289 with three home runs, 30 RBI, 13 doubles and two triples as a senior. She had a career-high seven RBI in a game against BYU-Hawai'i. Norris spent her first two years at Paradise Valley Community College, and was named the team's top defensive player as a catcher. She played at Glendale Mountain Ridge High School, earning three all-region honors and has worked various camps at NDNU, PVCC, Mountain Ridge, and has offered lessons while serving as a volunteer coach for local club teams.
Norris graduated from Paradise Valley Community College with an Associate of Arts degree with an emphasis in psychology in 2006, Notre Dame de Namur University with a Bachelor of Science degree in kinesiology in 2008 and Grand Canyon University with a Master of Science degree in leadership in 2010.
2008-2015 GRAND CANYON UNIVERSITY, PHOENIX, AZ
Assistant Softball Coach
- Administrative duties (emails, travel, budget, scheduling, academics/study hall, supplies/equipment, ordering, camps)
- Highly active in recruiting student athletes
- Active in on-field coaching duties (coach first base, call pitches, work with pitching/catching staff, strength and conditioning, and throwing batting practice)
- Assist head coach in scholarships, practice planning, game day protocol
- Actively work with pitchers, catchers, and hitters
- 2009 Division II season record 37-27; 3rd place in the PAC West Conference; ranked 21 in nation
2010 Division II season record 42-11; tied for 3rd place in PAC West Conference; ranked 7th, 11th, 18th, 25th in nation during season; 22nd rank at the end of the season; ranked 1st and 2nd in the west region during season; first ever appearance in west regional at Sonoma State University
- 2011 Division II season record 22-25; tied for 5th place in PAC West Conference; ranked 8th in the nation of DII teams with a team GPA of 3.430
- 2012 Division II season record 36-21; 3rd in the PAC West Conference; 8th in the West Region; second appearance in west regional, first ever win in the west regional, made it to the Championship game in west regional; ranked 1st in the nation of DII teams with a team GPA of 3.600; PAC West Coaching Staff of the Year
- 2013 Division II season record 40-19; 4th place in the PAC West Conference; 4th in the West Region; ranked 17th in the nation at the end of season; third appearance in the west regional (Stephanie Pesqueira, PAC West Pitcher of the Year, 1st team All-Conference Pitcher, 2nd team All-West Region Pitcher, Daktronics, Inc. Division II All-West Region First Team Pitcher); ranked 3rd in the nation of DII teams with a team GPA of 3.610.
- 2014 Division I season record 27-21; WAC Regular Season Champions; (Stephanie Pesqueira, 8-0 record in WAC, WAC Pitcher of the Year, 1st team All-Conference Pitcher, 2nd team NFCA All-West Region Pitcher)
- 2015 Division I season record 28-22; 2nd Place in WAC Regular Season; 2-0 as Interim Head Softball Coach (Taylor Nowlin All-WAC 2nd Team, 2 time WAC Pitcher of the Week, 6-1 record, conference-best 54 strike outs on batters in 47.1 innings pitched, held opponents to a .260 batting average in league games, 6 wins in WAC contests tied for the most among conference pitchers)