The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Oracle Database Operations program provides training for students seeking professional positions in designing, creating, and maintaining databases. This program allows students to create PL/SQL application code that can be shared by multiple forms, reports, and data management tools. As an Oracle Academic Initiative institution, this program is designed to prepare students for industry-recognized certifications. Courses in the program also help prepare students wanting to pursue Oracle Application Developer Certified Associate and Oracle Database Administrator Certified Associate industry-certified examinations (Oracle Corporation OCA certifications). This certificate can embed into the Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degree in Information Technology.
This program is not eligible for Title IV Federal Financial Aid.
Students must earn a grade of C or better in all courses within the program.
This Certificate of Completion (CCL) is intended for industry professionals with the requisite experience of foundational knowledge in word processing, spreadsheets, databases, presentation software, operating systems, and networking. Consult with a program advisor or director to determine if this CCL aligns with intended academic/career goals.
The Computer Information System (CIS) courses required by this program are not applicable if taken more than eight (8) years prior to the completion of the program of study. Consult with an Academic Advisor for complete information.
This pathway map will help you gain the expertise needed to:
- Create and manage database objects using SQL.
- Perform administrative duties within an Oracle database.
- Create and manage stored PL/SQL procedures, functions, packages, and triggers in an Oracle development environment.
- Design a comprehensive data model using an entity-relationship (ER) diagram that reflects the business requirements.
Successful completion of this certificate may lead to employment in a variety of different occupations and industries. Below are examples of related occupations with associated Arizona-based annual median wages* for this program. Education requirements vary for the occupations listed below, so you may need further education or degrees in order to qualify for some of these jobs and earn the related salaries. Please visit with an academic advisor and/or program director for additional information.
Database Administrators and Architects
The following is the suggested course sequence by term. Please keep in mind:
- Students should meet with an academic advisor to develop an individual education plan that meets their academic and career goals. Use the Pathway Planner tool in your Student Center to manage your plan.
- The course sequence is laid out by suggested term and may be affected when students enter the program at different times of the year.
- Initial course placement is determined by current district placement measures and/or completion of 100-200 level course and/or program requirements.
- Degree and transfer seeking students may be required to successfully complete a MCCCD First Year Experience Course (FYE) within the first two semesters at a MCCCD College. Courses include AAA/CPD150, AAA/CPD150AC, CPD104, and AAA115/CPD115. Course offerings will vary by college. See an academic, program, or faculty advisor for details.
Part-time status is 11 credit hours or less.
|CIS119DO||Introduction to Oracle: SQL||Prerequisites or Corequisites: CIS105 or permission of Instructor.||Critical course Gateway course||3|
|CIS154||Database Modeling and Design||Prerequisites: A grade of C or better in CIS105 or permission of Instructor.||3|
|CIS119DP||Oracle: Database Administration||Prerequisites: A grade of C or better in CIS119DO, or permission of Instructor. (CIS126++ or CIS121++ or MST152++) is recommended.||3|
|CIS164AB||Oracle: PL/SQL Programming||Prerequisites: A grade of C or better in CIS119DO, or permission of the Instructor.||3|
Gateway Course = Generally the first major-specific course in a pathway.
Critical Course = A course that is highly predictive of future success in a pathway.
Students must earn a grade of C or better for all courses required within the program.
Course Sequence total credits may differ from the program information located on the MCCCD curriculum website due to program and system design.
This certificate is not eligible for Title IV Federal Financial Aid.
View MCCCD’s curriculum website for the Certificate of Completion in Oracle Database Operations (http://aztransmac2.asu.edu/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MCCCD.woa/wa/freeForm?id=148173).
At Maricopa, we strive to provide you with accurate and current information about our degree and certificate offerings. Due to the dynamic nature of the curriculum process, course and program information is subject to change. As a result, the course list associated with this degree or certificate on this site does not represent a contract, nor does it guarantee course availability. If you are interested in pursuing this degree or certificate, we encourage you to meet with an advisor to discuss the requirements at your college for the appropriate catalog year.