The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning focuses on building machine learning models that can be used for predicting, making decisions and enhancing human capabilities. The program provides the industry professional with the knowledge and skills used in a variety of fields using artificial intelligence, including the information technology, automotive, healthcare, aerospace, industrial, and manufacturing industries. Program content includes an introduction to artificial intelligence and machine learning, natural language processing, computer vision, and artificial intelligence for business solutions and other applications. The curriculum also includes coursework in computer programming, math, and statistics.
This pathway map will help you gain the expertise needed to:
- Apply common artificial intelligence (AI) concepts and methodologies, including neural networks/Deep Learning, machine learning, Natural Language Processing, Computer Vision, and data science, for analysis and decision making.
- Apply artificial intelligence (AI) project development and machine learning life cycle to address social and business issues, opportunities, and problems.
- Apply statistical analysis and machine learning algorithms to predict usefulness of artificial intelligence (AI) programming solutions.
- Use appropriate programming languages to implement artificial intelligence (AI) solutions.
- Communicate in varied settings, orally and visually and in writing, in a culturally responsive manner.
- Collaborate with diverse individuals and teams to design and implement artificial intelligence and machine learning solutions.
- Evaluate issues of bias, culture, environment, ethics, regulations, and professional expectations in the field of artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning.
Successful completion of this certificate may lead to employment in a variety of different occupations and industries. Below are examples of related occupations with associated Arizona-based annual median wages* for this program. Education requirements vary for the occupations listed below, so you may need further education or degrees in order to qualify for some of these jobs and earn the related salaries. Please visit with an academic advisor and/or program director for additional information.
Computer and Information Research Scientists
Computer Occupations, All Other
Software Developers and Software Quality Assurance Analysts and Testers
- Computer Programmers
This Certificate of Completion (CCL) is intended for industry professionals with the requisite experience as determined by the Program Director. To pursue this CCL, students must receive permission of the Program Director. Students who do not yet have the requisite experience cannot pursue the CCL option, and instead must pursue the Associate in Applied Science (AAS) in Artificial Intelligence.
The following is the suggested course sequence by term. Please keep in mind:
- Students should meet with an academic advisor to develop an individual education plan that meets their academic and career goals. Use the Pathway Planner tool in your Student Center to manage your plan.
- The course sequence is laid out by suggested term and may be affected when students enter the program at different times of the year.
- Initial course placement is determined by current district placement measures and/or completion of 100-200 level course and/or program requirements.
- Degree and transfer seeking students may be required to successfully complete a MCCCD First Year Experience Course (FYE) within the first two semesters at a MCCCD College. Courses include AAA/CPD150, AAA/CPD150AC, CPD104, and AAA115/CPD115. Course offerings will vary by college. See an academic, program, or faculty advisor for details.
Part-time status is 11 credit hours or less.
|AIM100||Introduction to Artificial Intelligence||Critical course Gateway course||3|
|CIS105||Survey of Computer Information Systems||May be waived by permission of the Program Director||CS||0–3|
|MAT14+ or |
|MAT14+ or MAT15+ or Precalculus||No requisites or No requisites or Prerequisites: A grade of B or better in MAT12+, OR an appropriate district placement.||OR Appropriate District placement OR Permission of Department/Division Chair||MA||0–6|
|CIS156||Python Programming: Level I||Prerequisites: A grade of C or better in CIS105 or permission of Instructor.||Critical course May be waived by the permission of the Program Director||0–3|
|MAT206||Elements of Statistics||Prerequisites: A grade of C or better in MAT14+, or MAT15+, or MAT187, or equivalent, or an appropriate District placement, or permission of Department/Division Chair.||Critical course||CS||3|
|AIM110||Introduction to Machine Learning||Prerequisites: A grade of C or better in AIM100, CIS156, and MAT206.||Critical course||3|
|CIS119DO or |
|Introduction to Oracle: SQL or MySQL Database or SQL Server Database||Prerequisites or Corequisites: CIS105 or permission of Instructor. or Prerequisites: A grade of C or better in CIS105, or CIS117DM, or permission of Instructor. or Prerequisites: A grade of C or better in CIS105, or CIS117DM, or permission of Instructor.||May be waived by the permission of the Program Director||0–3|
|AIM210||Natural Language Processing||Prerequisites: A grade of C or better in AIM110.||3|
|AIM220||Artificial Intelligence for Computer Vision||Prerequisites: A grade of C or better in AIM110.||3|
|AIM230||Artificial Intelligence for Business Solutions||Prerequisites: A grade of C or better in AIM210 and AIM220.||3|
|AIM240||Artificial Intelligence Capstone Project||Prerequisites: A grade of C or better in AIM210 and AIM220.||3|
Gateway Course = Generally the first major-specific course in a pathway.
Critical Course = A course that is highly predictive of future success in a pathway.
Students must earn a grade of C or better in all courses within the program.
Course Sequence total credits may differ from the program information located on the MCCCD curriculum website due to program and system design.
This certificate is not eligible for Title IV Federal Financial Aid.
View MCCCD’s curriculum website for the Certificate of Completion in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning (http://aztransmac2.asu.edu/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MCCCD.woa/wa/freeForm?id=157884).
At Maricopa, we strive to provide you with accurate and current information about our degree and certificate offerings. Due to the dynamic nature of the curriculum process, course and program information is subject to change. As a result, the course list associated with this degree or certificate on this site does not represent a contract, nor does it guarantee course availability. If you are interested in pursuing this degree or certificate, we encourage you to meet with an advisor to discuss the requirements at your college for the appropriate catalog year.