Wishing you had a friend to help you navigate your first semester of college? Feel more comfortable talking to fellow students than asking for help from faculty or staff? Peer Mentors are experienced college students or recent graduates who can help you navigate the challenging waters of your first-year college experience. We know the first year can be overwhelming, and we want to support you as you begin your college journey!
Peer Mentors can help you navigate any of your first-year concerns or challenges. Here are just a few samples of how they support your first-year success:
- Prepare you for your first day of class
- Teach you how to use Canvas (where you’ll find all online assignments, chat with your professor and classmates and more)
- Share tips and tricks about the college experience you can use throughout the year
- Coach you on how to get the most out of all of our resources and services
- Support you to make a successful transition to college life
- Share how to get involved with clubs and extracurricular activities in this “new normal”
- Introduce you to resources to get additional support if we can’t answer your specific questions
From learning how to do group assignments to goal setting to financial success tips, the Suite of Success workshops will give you the tools to succeed! The Suite of Success, which can be found on Canvas, includes videos, workshops, presentations among other events, is designed to help you be more successful! If you would like access to the Suite of Success, chat with one of our peer mentors today. To view our upcoming Suite of Success workshops, click here.