Certified Flight Instructor Instrument Airplane Rating
The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Certified Flight Instructor Instrument Airplane Rating program in Airway Science Technology, Flight Emphasis is designed to prepare students to apply technical knowledge and skills to the flying of airplanes as a Certified Flight Instructor-Instrument Rated, and to prepare students to sit for the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) written and practical examinations.
Students must earn a grade of "C" or better in all courses within the program.
This program is not eligible for Title IV Federal Financial Aid.
- Create lesson plans related to instrument flight using the fundamentals of instruction and principles of aeronautical decision making. (AET258)
- Gather, interpret, evaluate, and present information in logical written and oral presentations. (AET258)
- Demonstrate, through practice instruction, the aeromedical factors related to Instrument flight. (AET258)
- Demonstrate, through practice instruction, how to fly an aircraft by reference to instruments without visual cues. (AET270)
- Demonstrate, through practice instruction, the proper use of instrument navigation charts to determine minimum altitudes, distances, headings, frequencies, and required equipment. (AET258)
- Demonstrate, through practice instruction, how to properly operate an aircraft in simulated instrument conditions to federal standards. (AET258, AET270)
- Demonstrate, through practice instruction, the fundamental operation of electronic flight instrument systems. (AET258)
- Demonstrate, through practice instruction, how to plan Instrument Flight Rules cross-country flights using actual weather, aircraft performance, and airport data (AET258)
- Execute an Instrument Flight Rules cross-country flight including precision and non-precision approaches while operating the aircraft to federal standards. (AET270)
- Explain the Federal Aviation Regulations, FAA Practical Test Standards, and Aviation Information Manual as it pertains to a certified flight instructor with instrument rating. (AET258)
- Demonstrate, through practice instruction, the use of crew resource management during instrument flight. (AET270)
- Demonstrate, through practice instruction, the proper interpretation of weather related to safety conducting flight under instrument flight rules. (AET270)
|Course #||Course Title||Credits|
|AET258||Certified Flight Instructor: Instrument Airplane Ground School||3|
|AET270||Certified Flight Instructor: Instrument Airplane Flight Lab||1|
At Maricopa, we strive to provide you with accurate and current information about our degree and certificate offerings. Due to the dynamic nature of the curriculum process, course and program information is subject to change. As a result, the course list associated with this degree or certificate on this site does not represent a contract, nor does it guarantee course availability. If you are interested in pursuing this degree or certificate, we encourage you to meet with an advisor to discuss the requirements at your college for the appropriate catalog year.Read the official description