You're striving every day to be the best version of you. Good news: You have a team on your side. CGCC Counseling is here to help you in your personal growth, career decision making, and academic pursuits. We provide both academic instruction and student support.
Our team of talented faculty have developed a curriculum to address student needs both inside and outside of the classroom. We offer:
- Counseling and Personal Development (CPD) courses, such as:
- CPD150: Strategies for College Success
- CPD 150AC: Educational and Career Planning
- CPD160: Introduction to Multiculturalism
- CLASI Workshops (Classroom Academic Skills Integration), including:
- Motivation through Conscious Goal Setting
- Strategies for Note-taking during Lectures
- Reading, Marking, and Reviewing Textbook Notes
- Understanding and Reducing Test Anxiety
- Time Management and Overcoming Procrastination
- Stress Less and Practice the Skill of Relaxation
Counseling faculty assist currently enrolled students with identifying difficulties, problem-solving, and decision-making processes related to academic, career, and personal goal achievement. We do not provide mental health services on campus but can assist with referrals to appropriate community providers as needed. Come to us for:
- Navigating college, transitions, and next steps
- Counseling for academic concerns (time management, motivation, etc.)
- Goal setting and personal support
- Career counseling
- Support during a crisis
- Resources to help you stay in school
- Advocacy for students
- Referrals to campus and community resources
Learn about all the resources available to help you make smart decisions about your educational and career goals.
From test anxiety and stress management to choosing a major, you are managing a lot. Schedule a counseling appointment with one of our highly trained faculty members at our Pecos or Williams locations.