Career Services can help you with career planning, goal setting, and job seeking strategies for the workforce.
Find the academic pathway that leads to your dream career. Make an appointment with a career advisor today!
Choose which topic you’d like to cover in your next Career Services appointment:
- Gain an understanding of Field of Interest (FOI) options
- Pair interests, skills and values with career possibilities
- Select a major that best suits your career goals}
- Further explore potential careers that best suit your future goals
- Change or adjust your major or career pathway
- Prepare a draft resume and/or cover letter and receive feedback from a Career Advisor
- Learn best practices in effective resume writing
- Align your resume to your career field
- Best practices in searching for jobs
- How to use job search platforms
- How to identify jobs that meet your needs
- How to prepare for different hiring processes
- How to determine if a potential employer is right for you
- Prepare to apply for Federal Work-Study jobs
- Practice your skills prior to your interview
- Participate in a mock interview session
- Gain feedback/coaching and pro tips for acing your upcoming interview.
- Check your Maricopa student email for confirmation message and appointment link.
- Video meetings are optimal for screen sharing with your career advisor. (Webcams are not required).
- Career Services is available to current and former students with an existing MEID. New students should Get started here.
For help with class or semester planning, make an appointment with an Academic Advisor. See cgc.edu/advisement.