We understand how stressful not knowing what’s in store for the Fall Semester can be. But we have also compiled some helpful resources for to make your life outside of class time easier and support your academic success.
- Whether your class is in person, live online or remote, the Student Center app is your go-to source for your courses, grades, financial aid awards, etc. The Find a Class page is where you will find your instructor, what time your class begins, what textbooks or other resources you need as well as a description of the topic.
- Sometimes you need more help with basic resources whether it’s with housing, food or transportation, CGCC is here to help. For a list of on- and off-campus support, click here.
- While we are still trying to follow the best guidelines as to whether they will be in person or online, you can still access resources to help you study. The campus library is your source for course or research material. And don’t forget about the Learning Center and tutoring support. CGCC also offers technology support at your fingertips. The CGCC academic advising team can help you achieve your goals.
- The best way to reach our CGCC Financial Aid office is via email, email@example.com
- No internet? No problem - you can also call to leave them a voicemail at 1.855.622.2332 and they’ll call you back.
- You can also use the Virtual Enrollment Services Team number at 480.351.2221 to text them for help.
- Visit the CGCC Career Services website and check out their tabs under Off-Campus Jobs and Maricopa Career Link.
- Contact Career Services via email at firstname.lastname@example.org for help with resumes and cover letters
- For immediate employment needs, check out the Arizona@Work website for openings.
- Remember if you are interested in Federal Work-Study jobs on campus for next year that you need to both complete a 2020-21 FAFSA (fafsa.gov) and apply through Career Services.
Books, we've got books
- The CGCC Bookstore has helpful information about textbook rental returns, and how to get books for fall classes.
- You can also contact our bookstore with questions directly at email@example.com or 480.732.7352
- Students who would normally use the CGCC Library’s Course Reserves to access their required textbooks can request copies of materials by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org for Pecos campus classes and email@example.com for Williams campus classes beginning August 24. Make sure to include the class and page numbers needed when contacting the library. EX: GBS150 pages 10-20. You can also request physical books from the general collection for curbside pick-up beginning August. If you are not sure which books you need to support your research, Library faculty can provide research support remotely beginning August 24 or you can connect with ASK a Librarian, 24/7 research support.
Making your way around, peacefully
- Valley Metro buses and trains are running reduced schedules because of the ongoing safer-at-home orders.
- There are free apps to use to help you achieve a level of mindfulness during the storm
- The Mayo Clinic offers these pointers for relaxation and calm.
- Researchers say these three practices can help calm anxiety.
- Take a walk. It’s free and healthy as long as you practice social distancing.
We’ll let you know as soon as we know how the Fall semester will move forward. Just keep checking your email and our social media channels and you’ll be in the know!