Do you dream of being your own boss and starting your own business? If so, our new Small Business Start-Up certificate is the first step in your journey! The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Small Business Start-Up program is designed to meet the needs of students who wish to become entrepreneurs. Courses provide a background in marketing, management, finance, and a capstone course in which students complete a business plan. The goal of the Small Business Start-Up certificate is to create a foundation for prospective small business owners and contribute to the long-term success of the business community.
Only 12 credit hours are required to earn this new certificate, and the program can be completed in as little as one semester. These 8-week courses are designed to teach you how to:
- Create a marketing plan
- Develop a plan to measure marketing strategy
- Develop a customer service plan
- Create a strategic business plan
- Apply basic accounting principles to a small business
- Evaluate organizational business forms and management structures
Ready to take the first step to starting your own business? Learn more about the Small Business Start-Up.