You have questions, we have answers. Here’s everything you need to know about using your library, including checking out materials, reserving study rooms, where to get your library card, and more!
CGCC students and employees obtain library privileges by presenting their CGCC ID card at the Circulation desk. Your ID card is valid at all Maricopa Community Colleges, and you are responsible for any use of it, unless you report it lost.
Community members are welcome to use the library resources at any time. Maricopa County residents can obtain a Community Borrowers card by registering here to get an MEID number. Present it along with a valid photo ID and something with your current address at the Circulation desk.
Library use only
Library use only
We charge fines for late reserve materials:
Materials automatically go into Lost status if not returned within the days listed:
28 days after the due date
14 days after the due date
We charge fair market cost for the replacement of any lost item, plus a $10.00 non-refundable Processing Fee.
For information about overdue, damaged and lost material, and fines, call the CGCC Library Circulation desk.
We charge for the cost of any repair required on material that has been damaged while charged out to patrons. Fees will be determined by the Technical Services Librarian.
Classroom spaces in the library are designated for Critical Research Instruction. Faculty wishing to schedule a Critical Research class should contact the library faculty listed below for more information.
Depending on availability, independent research space may be scheduled following a Critical Research class. Please contact the appropriate library faculty below for more information.
Faculty wishing to schedule a computer lab space for another purpose should work through their divisions.
Critical Research Instruction at Williams Library & Communiversity
Critical Research Instruction at Pecos Library
- Closing procedures begin 30 minutes before the stated closing time. For example, if the library closes at 9:00pm, then closing procedures start at 8:30 pm.
- Anyone entering the library during this time will be notified that the library is closing.
- Because clocks may vary throughout the library, the clock behind the Circulation Desk is designated as the official time.
- Circulation/Reserve Desk services will end 15 minutes prior to closing. All materials must be checked out and returned before this time.
- Computer usage, including printing, must be completed 15 minutes prior to closing.
Your ID Card serves double duty as your library card, valid for the semester in which you’re enrolled. You can get your ID Card at the Coyote Center on the Pecos Campus.
You can also use the MEID number on your ID Card to access library databases remotely online, the same way you log into My.Maricopa and Canvas. You can access the District Library Databases here.
Library study rooms are available for students to study in groups on collaborative projects, view missed videos for class, or simply to study on their own.
How to reserve a study room
- Advance reservation — Students can make a reservation up to one week in advance by contacting Circulation Services. Call 480.857.5102 or stop at the desk during business hours.
- Same-day reservation — Students can self-reserve the day of use by signing their name in the available time slots on the sign-up sheet posted outside the study room door.
Reservations are limited to a two-hour period. If no one wants the room at the end of the two hours, you may continue to use the room until someone else needs it. Circulation Services staff will post the day's reservations on the sign-up sheet outside the study room door. Students must sign these sheets when they use the rooms. Sheets should not be removed.
Using a Study Room
- The library is not responsible for anything left in the study rooms.
- An individual using a study room will be asked to move to another area in the library if the room is needed for a study group.
- Whiteboard markers and erasers are available at the Circulation Services desk. Please erase whiteboards and return markers and erasers when you are finished.
- Beverages in spill-proof or leak-proof containers are permitted. Food is not permitted. Please put all trash in the wastebasket before leaving.
- Be respectful of other library users and minimize noise. The study rooms are not sound-proof.
- The study rooms are for academic purposes. If you are using the room for non-academic purposes, you may be asked to move so others may use the room.
- Children cannot be unattended.*
(Maricopa Community College District Governance, College Environment, Section 2.4.10)
Reserve materials are located behind the Circulation Desk, and are for in-house use only. You can search the library catalog to see what has been placed on reserve — look under “Course Reserves.” You must have a CGCC student picture ID Card to check out these items.
Faculty may place library materials or their personal materials on Reserve for classroom assignments.
- Please allow 72 hours for materials to be put on Reserve
- Note that the library does not purchase college textbooks to be put on Reserve.
Faculty-owned materials will be checked out to the faculty’s class members only. Library-owned materials will be checked out to MCCCD students and MCCCD employees for the Reserve Room check-out time and place.