Apply for Graduation
You made it! Whether you have been working toward an associate degree or a certificate of completion, the first step in the graduation process is to apply for graduation. Review the deadlines and details below to ensure you’re prepared to graduate on time.
Fall Graduation Applications are now closed
Please note that applications received after these deadlines will be accepted, but may not be processed until the following semester.
If you have any questions and/or concerns, please reach out to email@example.com.
Steps to apply for graduation
- Review the General Graduation Requirements and verify you meet the requirements.
- Note: The same degree, degree type, or certificate can only be awarded once within the Maricopa Community College District.
- Verify that all the courses needed for your degree/certificate completion have grades posted in your Student Center or are in-progress during the semester in which you are graduating.
- Note: If your degree/certificate requirements or courses are still in-progress during the Summer semester, you are considered a Summer graduate.
- Run your Degree Progress Report in your Student Center and verify all fields are satisfied. Talk to an Academic Advisor if you have questions.
Confirm your Student Center reflects the same information listed on your Graduation Application.
- Verify your name is correct, otherwise update it with the Admissions & Records department.
- Verify your Program of Study is correct and reflects what is listed on your Graduation Application.
- Verify your contact information and mailing address are correct.
- Note: Your mailing address is where your diploma will be mailed.
- Ensure all official transcripts from other colleges and universities are on file with CGCC and any evaluation of prior credits has been completed by CGCC.
- Verify degree modifications and/or course substitutions have been approved and filed with the Admissions & Records department.
Special requirements for specific programs of study:
- Verify you have submitted proof of CPR or CDL documents to the Admissions & Records department or submit copies of those documents (front & back) with your graduation application upload should your degree/certificate require it.
CGCC’s graduation ceremony (or commencement) is held once per year in May at the end of the Spring semester. There is no commencement ceremony in the Fall or Summer semesters. Fall and Summer Graduates are welcome to participate in our May ceremony and can find out more by clicking on our Graduation FAQs..
- Learn more about our commencement ceremony
- Purchase your cap & gown for the commencement
- RSVP for commencement