You made it! Whether you have been working toward an associate degree or a certificate of completion, the first step in the graduation process is to apply for graduation. Review the deadlines and details below to ensure you’re prepared to graduate on time.
Priority graduation application deadlines
- Fall 2020 graduates: November 2, 2020
- Spring 2021 graduates: April 1, 2021
- Summer 2021 graduates: July 1, 2021
Please note that applications received after these deadlines will be accepted, but may not be processed until the following semester.
Steps to apply for graduation
Make sure that:
- Official transcripts from other Maricopa Community Colleges are on file at CGCC.
- Official transcripts from other colleges/universities (for example, ASU, UofA, NAU, out-of-state college) are on file and evaluated at CGCC.
- All degree modifications or course substitutions are documented and approved with Admissions & Records.
- Verify that all courses needed for your degree/certificate have grades or are in progress.
- Run your Degree Progress Report in your Online Student Center and make sure all fields are satisfied.
- If your degree/certificate requires proof of CPR or CDL, please make sure copies are attached to the completed graduation application.
Now you are ready to complete the graduation application.
- It is required to email your graduation application to firstname.lastname@example.org from your official student email (MEID@maricopa.edu). An advisor will review it and send a confirmation email to your student's Maricopa email (MEID@maricopa.edu). Please allow 2-3 business days for review. You can also follow-up with an advisor by scheduling an appointment to discuss any next steps or ask questions.
- Please note that final evaluations for graduation eligibility are completed by the Admissions & Records Graduation Specialist, AFTER final grades are posted every semester.
- Purchase your cap and gown.
- RSVP to the Commencement Ceremony.
- Learn more about the commencement ceremony.
- Please note: Commencement is held once a year in May, at the end of the spring semester. There is no commencement ceremony in the fall or summer semesters, but fall and summer graduates are welcome to participate in the May ceremony.