To ensure you receive your student refunds, you will need to enroll with Nelnet. Here’s how:
- Log into your Student Center at maricopa.edu/students.
- Click on the Financial Account tile.
- Click on the Manage Refunds link.
- Direct deposit (ACH) transfer to your bank account
- Paper check
Everyone should enroll, especially if you anticipate receiving a refund for any of the following items:
- Financial Aid
- Book Advances
- Cash Payment
- Check Payment
- Payment Plan Payments
Note: You must be eligible for a refund. Refunds for credit card payments will continue to be processed back to the original credit card used.
Update your address
To ensure timely processing of your refunds and/or book advance, it’s very important that the address we have on file for you is correct. This is necessary regardless of the refund method selected. To update your address:
- Navigate to maricopa.edu/students, and select the Student Center icon.
- Click on the Profile tile.
- Click on the Addresses link (Left hand side).
- If any information is incorrect, please update the information immediately.
You are responsible for keeping your information up-to-date to ensure that your refund is processed in a timely manner.
Paper checks are available for students. Checks may take up to 7-14 days to be received, and will be mailed to the address in your Online Student Center. If a stop payment is needed to be placed on a check, the student is responsible for a $25 stop payment fee.
Please note: The $15 registration fee per semester is non-refundable and will not be refunded. In addition, payment plan participants who paid the $25 non-refundable enrollment fee will not be refunded the enrollment fee. You must officially drop or withdraw from classes during the appropriate refund period in order to be eligible for a refund of your tuition charges.