Help with writing for college and for life
Communicating clearly is an essential skill no matter if you are writing a research or opinion paper or conducting business. When you need help with school papers or want to improve your writing ability, our tutors can show you how!
At CGCC’s Writing Center, we provide:
- Free one-on-one tutoring sessions with English faculty and experienced writers
- Ten computer stations for writing as well as conducting online research and completing computer training modules
- Access to handouts, books, workshops and online resources
- A comfortable, quiet study area
- A great setting for small-group work
Helpful, friendly tutors
Our writing tutors are ready to help you at every stage of the writing process. They can show you how to brainstorm ideas, plan and outline your work, and correctly format your papers, stories and essays. They work with writers in every academic subject. They are especially good at reducing stress and anxiety, while building your confidence as a writer.
- Join us on Cranium Cafe to connect live with a CGCC writing tutor.
- No appointment is needed, drop in today!
When CGCC tutors are not available, log into Brainfuse and use the Live Help option to connect with a Brainfuse tutor. This service is free and available to CGCC students; however, your time is limited to 2 hours per semester. To use Brainfuse, log in with your MEID and password.
In addition to individual tutoring, our Writing Centers also offer workshops on related topics. Check back often to see what’s coming up.
MLA Workshop Series
The MLA Workshop Series consists of three videos. View these videos to learn more about MLA formatting and download resources and activities to help you practice what you’ve learned. If your instructor is providing credit for completing these online workshops, bring the completed MLA Workshop Packet to the Writing Center (LIB230) to have a tutor discuss your work with you and provide a stamp of completion. You will need to watch all three videos and complete the three activities (MLA Format, In-Text Citation, and Works Cited Page), to receive full credit for the MLA Workshop.