Let’s take care of our Computer Labs
Please observe the following regulations for keeping our Computer Labs clean, safe, and available for all to share:
- Our Computer Labs are open to all registered students currently taking classes at CGCC.
- As the lab functions as a study space, please respect your peers by refraining from making loud noises and keep conversations at a low volume. (Note that faculty and staff are required to speak with and assist students with homework at a low volume.) You may check out headsets to listen to your videos or Live Online class.
- Cell phones should be in silent or vibration mode only. If you must take or make a phone call, please step outside.
- No food and drink allowed. Spill-proof water bottles are permitted.
- Non-registered students, such as minor children or dependent adults are not allowed in the lab.
- Except for service animals, pets are not allowed on campus.
- Computers left unattended for more than 15 minutes, with no obvious signs of occupancy, will be signed out. Please remember to sign out and save your files.
- All students must abide by the Internet Acceptable Use policy mandated by the Maricopa Community College District.
- Academic use takes priority. You may be asked to relinquish the computer if you are not doing academic-related work.
- After-hours access is not permitted in the lab. Please check our webpage for hours of operation.
- Please do not disconnect any equipment, hardware, or peripherals.
- Copyrighted software may not be copied. Students may not install any software program or utility on any lab computer, nor may students tamper with, alter, or delete any software program or utility from any lab computer. This includes disconnecting cables or attempting to connect private hardware to school resources, such as personal devices.
- Violation or abuse of any policy, equipment, or lab staff member will be reported to Public Safety and the Dean of Student Services and may result in suspension or revocation of lab privileges.