Your technology toolkit
Whether you’re conducting research for a paper you’re writing, doing exercises for a math or science course, posting an assignment or printing one out, you have the technology resources you need to make it happen at CGCC.
The following is a list of the tools and systems available to you as a student. If you can’t find what you’re looking for, contact our Virtual Tech Team
Maricopa Community Colleges provides Microsoft Office 365 to every current student free of charge!
Office 365 is the latest version of Microsoft’s productivity suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, OneNote, and more. It is available for offline and online use to best prepare you for class. As long as you are currently a student at one of the Maricopa Community Colleges, you’ll be able to use this software for free.
Click on this link to install Office 365.
Student Business Services has TI-84 graphing calculators for rent to CGCC Students taking a Math class at CGCC. Calculators are available on a first-come-first-served basis. Calculator Rental Agreement Form.
MATLAB is a powerful math, graphics and programming platform used in science and engineering classes. As a CGCC student, you are entitled to download a personal copy of MATLAB for use at home, via the MATLAB online portal. CGCC students and faculty must establish an account the first time they access the MATLAB online portal:
- Students use their @maricopa.edu email address
- Faculty use their @cgc.edu email address
Begin by signing in with your MEID.
MyInfo is an intuitive new tool that helps you be more efficient with time management, budget planning, and tracking your academic progress for financial aid, scholarships, classes and athletics. This exciting, easy-to-use, mobile-friendly application supplies the critical information you need for your continued success! MyInfo allows you to do a lot, all in one place:
- Access your personalized class schedule (current semester and up to two future semesters).
- Upload your academic schedule to your Maricopa Google Calendar (or send it to your student email account).
- Display up to three of your prior semester terms and cumulative grades.
- Lookup new and used book costs, as well as book rental availability so you can budget.
- Use interactive GPS campus maps to quickly find buildings and classes on your mobile device.
- Check your financial aid award status and amounts (offered, awarded, and disbursed).
- View your important messages and high-priority holds (if they apply) to your student account.
You don’t need to visit an app store. Simply login to MyInfo from your computer or web-enabled mobile device.
Learn more by downloading our user guide.
WHILE CAMPUS IS CLOSED PLEASE FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS:
To print, please fill out this form to request prints from the print center. Students will still receive their $10 per month allowance. Prints can be retrieved with curbside pickup or mailed out. Student Business Services will contact students for payment.
You can print from classroom printers, or printers in common area throughout campus, such as the Library, Computer Labs and the Coyote Center. When using a common-area printer, you will need your MEID ID as a password. Simply click your print button to open your computer’s print dialog box, choose a printer and print options (double-sided, page range, black and white, etc.), then click the print button again to prompt the PrintAssistant login box. This is where you’ll enter the user name and password for your MEID account, the ID that is unique to you and allows you to login to any computer on campus.
Printing Page Allowance
CGCC gives active CGCC students a monthly printing allowance of 100 pages. We no longer take payments for additional copies, but on the rare occasion that a student's coursework requires printing in excess of this allowance, the Library and Computer Lab staff on both campuses can approve modest exceptions, on a case-by-case basis.
- Print only when needed — if the assignment is not required, do not print it
- Use a removable storage device, such as a thumb drive or external hard drive, to transfer information between locations
- Email documents to yourself or your instructor as backup
- Use software applications such as Microsoft OneNote to “print” to a file from the internet
- Print more than one page per sheet
- Print PowerPoint Slides 6 or more per sheet
- Use PDF properties to print more than one page per sheet
- View your documents in Print Preview before you print
- Use scaling and selection options in Print Preview to reduce the number of pages
- Ask a technician for help
Pecos Campus Print Shop
For more professionally formatted options and larger print jobs, use the print shop on the Pecos Campus to request printing, copying and binding services for a fee.
Print Shop Contact
Print Shop Hours of Operation
Monday - Thursday 7:00am-5:00pm
Saturdays and Sundays CLOSED
Some CGCC courses require the use of the Respondus LockDown Browser and a webcam with microphone for taking online exams, tests or quizzes in Canvas. LockDown Browser prevents you from accessing other websites or applications while taking the exam, and from exiting until all questions are completed and submitted.
Watch this video to get a basic understanding of LockDown Browser and the Monitor feature.
System requirements for using Respondus LockDown Browser
- A broadband internet connection
- Windows: 10, 8, 7, with 75 MB permanent space on the hard drive
- Mac: OS X 10.10 or higher with 120 MB permanent space on the hard drive (for Mac users Safari must function properly on the computer even if it is not the default browser)
- If using an iPad, your instructor must select the appropriate setting.
- Adobe Flash Player (for Monitor only)
- Web camera (internal or external) and microphone (for Monitor only)
- Do not use a mobile device or smartphone
To get started
- Make sure that your computer meets the minimum system requirements
- Download and install LockDown Browser Important: Don't download a copy of LockDown Browser from elsewhere on the Internet — those versions won't work in CGCC’s system.
To take an online quiz or exam
- Start LockDown Browser and navigate to the exam in Canvas. (You won't be able to access the exam with a standard web browser.)
- Follow these guidelines:
- Ensure you're in a location where you won't be interrupted
- Turn off all mobile devices, phones, etc.
- Clear your desk of all external materials — books, papers, other computers, or devices
- Remain at your desk or workstation for the duration of the test
To install Lockdown Browser for Chromebook
- Start the Chrome Browser after logging into the Chromebook device
- Log into Canvas (learn.maricopa.edu) using a student account, and navigate to the exam that requires Lockdown Browser
- Make sure to not start your exam
- Select the link to download and install Lockdown Browser
- The link is also available above if you cannot find it in your Canvas course
- From the Chrome web store, select “Add to Chrome” to install the Lockdown Browser Extension
- The app will not be able to be looked up or searched for directly from the Chrome web store
Any student who does not want to use the Respondus LockDown Monitor may complete quizzes/exams in the Testing Center at either CGCC Pecos or CGCC Williams. It is your responsibility to notify your instructor of your choice no less than 48 hours before the scheduled due date and time. You are also responsible for making any Testing Center arrangements or appointments.
For more details on using LockDown Browser, review this Student Quick Start Guide (PDF). Make sure to plan ahead! Don’t wait until the last minute to download the necessary software and ensure that your webcam and microphone is working.
Maricopa Student Email, powered by Google, is the official way to receive communications within the Maricopa Community College system regarding financial aid, enrollment status, and other important information.
Your email address will be your Maricopa Enterprise ID number (MEID) @ maricopa.edu. Once your email account is activated, you can create a nickname in place of your MEID. For example, your email address can be changed to email@example.com. Students are encouraged to activate their Maricopa Student Email accounts immediately, by accessing https://google.maricopa.edu/.
Maricopa Student Email also gives you access to a variety of online tools that will help you with your school work, including:
- Google Docs, an online suite of office productivity applications featuring word processing, spreadsheets and presentations. Google Docs allows collaboration with others on the same documents in real time. Documents are saved online, so you always have access, no matter what computer you use.
- Calendar, tasks, and schedule features
- Instant messaging with voice and video