Veteran Student FAQs

Answers to your questions

We want to make sure you have all the information you need to get the education and benefits you deserve. If you don’t see your question here, please contact your Veterans Services Office on the Pecos or Williams campus!

Veteran Student FAQs

You must apply to the college directly. You can find the registration application process at

Call: +1-888-442-4551

Go online: VA Website

Yes, during the drop/add period of registration. Remember that any class added must be required for completion of your selected degree program to qualify for benefits.

Be sure to report any changes to your class enrollment to the Veteran Services Office at CGCC. Changes may affect your benefits, or result in an overpayment, which you’d have to return to the VA.

The VA will send you a monthly check based on your credit hours. It is always sent after the month is complete. You may also request direct deposit, unless you’re receiving Chapter 35 benefits. Also note that if you are a Chapter 30 or Chapter 1606 (Reservist/National Guard) recipient, you must verify your enrollment to the VA the first of every month in order for your check to be released. Contact the VA phone at +1-877-823-2378 or by using the VA web site, Look for WAVE, then follow the instructions to verify your monthly attendance.

You must notify the following offices of your change of address:

  • The CGCC Veterans Services Office on the Pecos or Williams campus
  • The VA Office in Muskogee, by calling +1-888-442-4551, or through the VA web site.

Contact the Department of Veteran Affairs Regional Office

Call: +1-888-442-4551

Visit: GI Bill Benefits

Yes, the VA pays tuition/fees directly to CGCC’s Business Office, but only if you are under the Post 9/11 GI Bill® (Chapter 33). The amount will vary according to your percentage of eligibility, which is noted on your Certificate of Eligibility (COE). If you are not under the Post 9/11 GI Bill®, the VA pays you benefits directly on a monthly basis at the end of each month, and it is your responsibility to pay the tuition/fees to the Business Office on campus.

Veteran Student FAQs

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government web site.