Find the right form for you

When you’re ready to apply for the educational benefits you’re entitled to, simply fill out and submit the correct paperwork from the lists below.

* Some forms can be completed electronically, for all others, please scan and email the completed PDFs to


Students who have never used VA benefits before must complete every form listed below. If you have not submitted an application to the VA to determine your eligibility for VA education benefits, you may do so here.

Students transferring from another college who have used VA benefits must submit every form on this list.

Students who have attended CGCC the prior semester use the appropriate forms from this list.

  • Request for Benefits Form — This form must be completed each semester. Continuing students can submit it directly to CGCC Veterans Services if they do not desire academic advising.
  • Promissory Note – Must be submitted every semester along with the Request for Benefits form to receive a tuition deferment.


GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government web site at