Take college classes while still in high school
You’re ready for an academic challenge. You’re curious about the college experience. The Concurrent Enrollment program at CGCC is made for you. It gives you a head start on college by allowing you to take college-credit courses while still completing your high school education.
Through Concurrent Enrollment, you can take college courses with other college students in person, online, or in hybrid formats. You’ll get credit you can apply toward a 2-year and 4-year college degree, and you’ll get a good feel for what college life is like after high school graduation. Concurrent Enrollment is often leveraged by homeschooled students who do not participate in ACE, Hoop of Learning, or Dual Enrollment programs.
Enroll in 4 easy steps
Getting started in Concurrent Enrollment is simple. Just follow these steps.
If you’re going to take Math or English courses, you’ll need to take our college placement tests before you register. If you are planning to take other academic courses (for example, Physics, History, Spanish), you can take a placement test, or meet one of the following:
- Composite score of 93 or more on the PSAT
- Composite score of 930 or more on the SAT
- Composite score of 22 or more on the ACT
- Passing score on the relevant portions of AIMS
If you’re taking vocational (Career and Technical Education) courses, you do not need to take placement tests.
Complete the registration forms below and include your unofficial high school transcript and test scores.
- Students Under 18 - Financial Responsibility and Consent
- To be completed by students and parents/guardians prior to enrollment in the first term of classes at CGCC.
- Students Under 18 - Request for Admission/Enrollment
- To be completed by students under the age of 18 wanting to take college credit classes while still in high school.
- Parent/guardian consent is required.
- This form does not apply to students taking classes through the Dual Enrollment, ACE or Hoop of Learning programs.
Tuition for in-state residents at the Maricopa Community Colleges is $85 per credit hour plus a $15 registration fee per semester.
Go to your Student Center to pay online. If you have questions, please call 480-732-7312.
Want to know more? Read this.