Getting an early start on your college education can definitely pay off later on, and we’re here to help you get that early start. In fact, studies show that students experience greater academic success in college when they complete dual enrollment courses in high school.
When you take dual enrollment classes, you’ll be earning high school and college credits at the same time. Plus, you’ll gain the experience of being a college student. CGCC partners with East Valley high schools to offer dual enrollment credit for academic and occupational classes. The courses are taught on high school campuses by college-approved high school teachers and can be counted toward high school graduation requirements.
The credits you earn may transfer to another community college or university, and qualifying students may even be eligible to receive tuition assistance based on financial need.
Dual enrollment is open to high school juniors and seniors, and in some instances, freshmen and sophomores may be eligible to enroll. Explore our available dual enrollment opportunities today.
2021-2022 Dual Enrollment Registration
2021-2022 registration is fully online. Please carefully review all the instructions below before you begin this process.
- This process will take some time to complete, especially if you will be required to complete placement testing. Allow yourself time to enroll, keeping in mind the deadline dates below.
- Fall 2021 registration deadline for self-enrollment is 11:59 p.m. on SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 12, 2021. Deadline for email requests is11:59 p.m., SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 26, 2021. Late registration will not be accepted. All email submissions received prior to 11:59 PM on 9/26/21 will be processed and a confirmation email will be sent within 3-5 business days.
- Spring 2022 registration deadline for self-enrollment is 11:59 p.m. on SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 6, 2022. Deadline for email requests is 11:59 p.m. SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 20, 2021. Late registration will not be accepted. All email submissions received prior to 11:59 p.m. on 2/20/22 will be processed and a confirmation email will be sent within 3-5 business days.
Dual Enrollment Steps
Get admitted to CGCC by completing the Student Admissions Application
- During this step you will be asked to upload an Arizona Driver’s License or an Arizona State ID card. If you do not have one of these documents, you will be able to upload alternative identification during the Next Steps process.
- Once you complete your account creation click on the Dual Enrollment Next Steps button (if you do not complete the Next Steps form we will not receive your information).
- Upon completion of Step 1, you should have an CGCC ID number, an MEID and password and will have completed the Dual Enrollment Next Steps form.
- It may take staff 5-7 business days to process your application. Once your information has been processed, communication will be sent to the email address listed on your application.
Determine prerequisites and/or testing requirements by viewing the Dual Enrollment High School Partners and Classes
- Click on your high school.
- Identify the course in which you plan to enroll and ensure you meet the college prerequisites listed.
- If you do not meet the course prerequisite, you may need to complete an Ed Ready Placement Exam online. Use this guide for assistance.
- If a placement test is required, test scores will be uploaded 24 hours after completion of your test.
Register for Classes
Once you receive the email from firstname.lastname@example.org letting you know you are eligible to enroll in classes go to your high school class list to find your class numbers. Refer to the Add a Class Guide.
Pay tuition and fees (due at time of registration)
- Once you have added your classes you will need to make your tuition payment.
- Pay online at my.maricopa.edu, by phone (480-732-7312) or sign up for the payment plan for each semester you are enrolled in.