You are about to embark on an exciting journey! Choosing a college is an important decision as you work toward your educational and career goals. We’re delighted that you’re considering joining the Chandler-Gilbert Community College family.
To get started, please review the information presented here. We’ve also created a quick, downloadable checklist for International Student Admissions Requirements that will help guide you.
As you begin your admission process, we’d like to remind you to always allow plenty of time to submit all of the required documents. Now, let’s get started!
Steps for international student admissions
Your most recent TOEFL Score Report must be mailed from the TOEFL office directly to “CGCC International Education Programs” (student copies are not acceptable).
- Use our institutional code 8562.
- Admission to academic studies requires a TOEFL score of 70 or higher internet-based (iBT).
- If you are applying for ESL courses (English as a Second Language), you must provide evidence of a least intermediate command of English with one minimum TOEFL score of 56 iBT.
- We also accept an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) overall Band Score of 6 or better for academic studies and a minimum of 5.0 for ESL (CGCC’s case/file number is 9046), or STEP Pre-First Grade level to satisfy the minimum requirement for admission to an academic program and STEP Second Grade level for admission with ESL coursework.
For information concerning dates and locations of the TOEFL examination in your country, contact the United States Information Service at any U.S. Embassy or Consulate; or you may contact TOEFL by calling 1-877-863-3546 or faxing to 1-609-771-7500. www.toefl.org IELTS: www.ielts.org.
Use official copies of secondary school records (transcripts) AND certificate or diploma, along with a certified English translation attached to the originals if they are not in English. A U.S. Embassy or Consulate may be able to refer you to a certified translator.
- All documents must be originals (not photocopies), preferably mailed to CGCC by the school, educational institution, or Ministry of Education.
- You must have graduated from a secondary school, or the equivalent to an American high school.
- School records (or transcripts) should include courses completed, completion dates and value earned for each course.
- Official copies from the school must include the official school seal or stamp.
Include a letter from your bank showing that you have the minimum funds needed to cover tuition and living expenses.
- A monthly bank statement CANNOT be used.
- The bank letter must be on official letterhead paper.
- The letter must confirm that the sponsor or the student (if self-sufficient) has an account with the financial institution and it has at least $20,230 in U.S. dollars on deposit.
While all efforts are made to present accurate information, changes in tuition and fees may be made without notice. Please note the American Embassy or Consulate will require another set of original financial documents.
Transcripts must be mailed directly from the college or university attended to CGCC International Education Programs (see address below).
Submit a photocopy of your identification page in your passport.
- There is NO application fee.
- We may request original documents up until you’ve received your acceptance from CGCC.
Transferring to CGCC from a US College or University
The following additional requirements are necessary if you’re applying for a school transfer within the United States:
- A photocopy of the I-94 card in your passport.
- A photocopy of the visa page in your passport.
- A photocopy of ALL prior I-20s.
- A completed Transfer Eligibility Form by the student and the current Designated School Official (DSO) at the current school.
We strongly recommend that all required paperwork be submitted at least six (6) months in advance of the time you plan to enroll. To be guaranteed consideration for admission, ALL application materials must be received by:
- July 1 for Fall semester (August–December)
- November 1 for Spring semester (January–May)
Please send all required documents to:
Chandler-Gilbert Community College
International Education Programs
2626 East Pecos Road
Chandler, Arizona 85225-2499 U.S.A.
Question about admissions?
Contact our International Education Program team who is ready to assist you with your next step.
Once you are accepted to Chandler-Gilbert Community College, we will mail you a letter of acceptance, along with your SEVIS I-20 form and other important information.
Students under 18
CGCC recommends that students under the age of 18 (minors) have a guardian in the United States. In the event of personal emergency, accident, illness, incarceration, etc., the state of Arizona will require the signature of a guardian before assistance such as hospitalization, legal counsel, etc., can be offered. Chandler-Gilbert Community College is not permitted to act in the place of the parent or guardian.