Maricopa Emergency Management System Alert

CGCC is providing a location for COVID testing and vaccination. However, the college is not providing this service and we cannot answer any specific questions about appointments or results. To book an appointment or to find more COVID related information about testing and vaccination, please visit for Testing information or visit for Vaccination information.

  CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19): Due to the escalation of COVID-19 cases, our in-person instruction and services plans may be modified to protect the health and safety of our communities. Services continue to be available via phone, email, and online.


Maintaining F-1 & M-1 Status

Know the rules for maintaining your status

Students who come to the U.S. are granted nonimmigrant classifications known as "F-1" or "M-1". This is commonly referred to as your "status." A spouse or child under the age of 21 who comes to the United States to be with an F-1 or M-1 student is a "dependent," and is given F-2 or M-2 status. This status is valid as long as the F-1 or M-1 student maintains valid status.

In order to remain legally present in the United States, you must "maintain" your status; that is you must follow the rules that apply to your status. It is your legal responsibility to understand and follow these rules. To help you stay in compliance, this section provides information regarding the most important rules for F-1s and M-1s. If you have further questions, please feel free to contact CGCC’s International Education Program (IEP) office.